Monday, June 11, 2012

Follow Me

Luke 18:42-43 
And Jesus said, "All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you." Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too. (NLT) 

There are many thoughts on evangelism today and numerous tracks meant to entice people to know about Jesus. Often they use scare techniques about heaven or hell. Who wants to go to a place of eternal fire?

Although it is true that those who do not follow Jesus will be subject to judgement and probable eternal damnation, He did not use this approach to get people to follow Him. Why do we?

The Word, and Jesus is the Word, went forth with signs and wonders following. All who saw it praised God and followed Jesus. So simple. yet why do we adopt other methods?

As we go about our daily business, are we "the Word" to those whom we meet? Are the words we speak filled with His Love and Mercy? Are our actions those of a humble servant meeting the needs of others?

I know I find myself focused on my todo list and driven to check off all on the list. Do I miss those around me because of my myopic vision or am I open to the leading of Holy Spirit as I go from place to place?

May we reach out to others in all we do. May we be ready with a kind word, a touch, or even to do a deed for everyone He puts in our path.

No comments: