Monday, May 23, 2011

Follow My Example

1 Corinthians 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. (NIV)


I remember that old adage "Do as I say and not as I do." I truly used to expect my children to follow it. If I knew how they should behave and I was not behaving that way myself, how could I expect them to not follow my example?

How many of us made our children attend Sunday School every week and say their prayers each night, but failed to set that example for them? Do we set the right example for them today? Or are we still expecting them to listen to our logic over our life examples?

And what about those we work and socialize with? And by socialize I am including face-to-face as well as the virtual world of email, texting, Facebook, and Twitter.

Are the life examples we set consistent with what we "preach"?

No comments: