Monday, June 04, 2007

STAY CONNECTED

Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who parts from me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. (NLT John 15:5-6)

A situation occurred a couple of days ago. I ran a long network wire, installed the cable ends and plugged both in. The computer I was networking to was an older Windows 98SE machine. I have not setup networking on one that old in a long time and was not sure of how to go about it. I googled to find a solution and came up with all kinds of possibilities. Nothing seemed to work, and then I thought of the connection. I cut the ends off the wires and installed new ones. With a good connection, the network worked and the Internet was accessible.

To produce fruit we need to be connected. If we are born again, He is in us. Jesus promised He would send the Holy Spirit and He did. He is only one-half of the connection. Without our consciously being in Him, the network will not work.

Remaining in Him requires we communicate with Him. We must be in God's Word so He can show us what we need to move forward--to stay connected. We must praise God in all we do and be continuously in prayer.

If we choose to disconnect, to part from Him, we will be thrown aside like a useless branch. Our destiny will change from one of life to one of death as we are placed in the pile to be burned in the eternal fires.

No comments: